Thursday, August 2, 2012
My Top 5 Pet Peeves
What is Blogust? It's where you answer a different question every day in August. It's hosted Blogust hosted by Beyond Elsewhere! Today's topic is: What are your top five pet peeves?
I love this question! Here are mine:
5. When A book doesn't have a blurb on the back. I don't care if you are Nora Roberts or Danielle Steele. I want to know what the book is about before I buy it! I've noticed on Amazon so many authors now are just putting what reviewers say about their books instead of the actual synopsis. I don't care which blogs gave you a five star review. I'm not buying it until I see the blurb!!
4. Drivers who don't turn right, but go straight straight in the right turn lane when there is a red light & there is also a left turn lane and straight turn lane. (I'm talking about the lights where there are no businesses by them.)
3. People on twitter who instead of @ to someone properly do it at the end of the tweet. Multiple times. I don't want to see your conversation if I'm not following the other person!
2. Cashiers who tell the same lame joke over and over again. I was a former cashier, and this irks me. The gas station where I go every other day to buy smokes has a cashier who always asks me: "Have you ever seen a blue camel?" every single time I'm there. It stopped being funny 99 times ago. :)
1. Morning People. I will never be one. :) At my last job I was there a really long time, and there were a few people who knew I was not a morning person, yet deliberately went out of there way to talk to me, knowing I was not a conversationalist. One person in particular would always say to me as I walked by 'good morning vietnam." Really? That line stopped being funny when the movie went to vhs. :)
There you have it! My top 5 pet peeves. I'm sure I could think of more, but those will do for now. :)