Blogust is hosted by Beyond Elsewhere! This is where you write something every day in August.
7 interesting facts about you
1. I'm the only one in my family not to have been to Italy or on a cruise ship, despite the being the only one who has lived in two different countries.
2. I've experienced deja vu. I was in Istanbul, Turkey and I was the way to see hagia sophia and I knew I'd done it before. I also didn't get lost once while I was there. I can't explain the feeling-it just happened. (This is only unusual because I've been known to get lost in the hometown I grew up in)
3. When I was in the Peace Corps I knew how to speak Tachelhit Berber.
4. I own a real Berber rug made from a loom by actual Berbers. (My rug was the first one made by the14 yr old daughter in the family that adopted me.)
5. I've lived in 4 different states.
6. I have 29 first cousins on my dads side, and about 15 second cousins. This is immediate family and not the extended family. (My youngest sister was going through sorority rush, was talking to a girl in line who looked at my middles sister picture and said: "I want to meet her." My sister said Why? Her response was: "I think we're related." That girl was our third cousin on my dads side of the family.)
7. I'm an Alpha Phi.